Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Road to Sequoia

I took this photo at a scenic pullout on the way into Sequoia National Park. As you can see from the elevation difference it is quite a climb for the car. You start out below the cloud/fog layer and crest the mountains before you descend into the park.
I like this photo because there is so much depth and texture in each of the elements, especially the cracked road.

By the way, i've changed the colors of the site, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

7 Comments:

Blogger broccoflower said...

I preferred your old colors, but only because the gray and the blue print run together.. old/one-eyed people like Kirk might not be able to read it very well...

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Good point, I tried changing some text to white but I don't know if I'm happy with it yet.

I just thought the old one was too dark.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Mark Daniels said...

That is a dramatic and beautiful picture! Good job.

3:01 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'm going to live somewhere that beautiful one day...

I liked the old colors too. The colors in the pictures looked better on the dark background.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

After reconsideration I think I will just go back to the old black style with some tweaks. I agree the photos seem to "pop" more off of black.

If it ain't broke...

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's gorgeous! I like the composition, the man made and the natural.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks,
I like the diagonal composition for landscapes because it makes them seem more active.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home