Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gate to the beach


I know it is getting cold in a lot of the US so I figured it would be nice to post a beach photo. This is the gate leading to the beach at my Uncle's house. As you can see there isn't too far to walk until you're in the water.
I like the blue color of the gates in relation to the ocean and in contrast to the sand. Also it's interesting that you can see the ocean through the small hole in the wall as well. Overall with the soft color in the sky (it was near sunset) and the subdued lighting the image seems like a peaceful invitation to head to the beach.

Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, AV f8.0

6 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

Where are my swimming trunks & my goggles? :-)

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a photo from Greece with the white wall and bright blue gate, but I know its India. Very pretty and inviting!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

I guess those colors are usually associated with Greece, interesting because you do see it often in India.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice atmosphere in this one, looks a bit cold to take a bath... maybe just a walk by the shore

3:29 PM  
Blogger M said...

The beach is always inviting.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'd like to walk through that gate and down that beach--nice capture! Mary :-)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home