Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Robyn in the light


This is a shot of my girlfriend Robyn with an interesting look on her face. I like the fact that she doesn't really have a specific expression on her face, it seems to add some mystery. I also think the sharp contrast between the lights and darks on her face and eyes gives the photo a lot of interest.
Even the fact that certain sections are slightly overexposed (her forehead and fingers) is ok in relation to the overall tone of the photo.
I added the darkened and blurred bottom righthand corner of the photo so there is some mystery as to what Robyn is staring at. To be honest I forget what it actually was (I think a plant).

[click photo to enlarge]
Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, AV f 5.6

12 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Great lighting, I love the soft tone of this photo.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Nice shot! :D

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I like the overall 'feel' of the image.
It's really nice to have a free photogenic model.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling is good here. I like the tone of colors, and her emotions are spot on.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

I think this picture shows artistry.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you Robyn! Lovely tones, Ahamed!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Jamie, I appreciate it (especially considering your work).

12:10 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Lovely girlfriend! Nice dreamlike portrait!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comment.
I take credit for the photo but Robyn's going to have to take credit for being lovely.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ahamed, this portrait is really good, although the contrast you can notice the tones of the skin.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Luisa,
I agree that some tone is lost because of the strong light but I think the deep contrast is worth it.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home