Friday, November 11, 2005

Sequoia Moss


This photo is of moss growing on a Sequoia tree in Sequoia National park (located a few hours south east of San Francisco). Sequoia trees are the largest living things on earth and a tree called "General Sherman" is the biggest.

The neat thing about this photo is the detail you can see in both the moss and the bark. The strong side lighting was tough to get since the huge trees block out a lot of the available light. Luckily as the sun set some light got through between some trees and illuminated the moss.

Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, f5.6, AV

5 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

I've lived in California all my 47 years & once we went up to the Redwoods. I couldn't believe how massive those trees...beings...were! Much like the picture here, absolutely breathtaking.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Yes going to the park is very humbling. You see these huge ancient trees and you realize how small and young we are. Puts life in perspective.

Thanks for the comments.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really neat photo. I love the texture in this photo and the lighting is so dramatic- almost like a studio light. I'd like to go there sometime.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I can't remember the movie or cartoon but it reminds me of some adorable talking trees I once saw as a child.
Peace.............

6:04 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I will definetely be headed back to Sequoia sometime soon.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home