Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Drawn 'reflection'

A completely different type of shot for me. I placed the watch on a plain sheet of paper and then quickly (and crudely) sketched it on the paper. Somehow the blend of the actual watch, the shadow and the sketch seemed interesting to me. I made sure to include the reflection of the drawing in the watch face to enhance this effect.
I think the shapes in the drawing make you consider the detail in the actual watch more. Basically you see the perfection of the watch by comparing it to the imperfection of the drawing.

[click photo to enlarge]
Nikon Coolpix 5400, AV 8.0

6 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

You will be surprised but I prefer the drawing over the actual watch!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Creative idea, nice to see you try different things.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How very artistic of you! And what a deep analysis, too. Are you running out of interesting things to photograph in your room? Well, you can refresh your photo collection with Philly, NYC, and CA coast pictures soon.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

Robyn- I actually do have a lot of shots from inside the room left, I just didn't want to overload the site with too many of one type of photo.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very talented!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks everyone. I always like pushing my creative limits.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home