Monday, December 05, 2005

MGM lion

The MGM lion is one of the most memorable landmarks in Las Vegas. As you can see, when the sun is near setting the bright light really makes the gold paint glow.
I felt that a non-level shot worked here as the lion's stare seems to be level with the top of the frame. Also I wanted to have the sky behind the lions head. I was happy with the brightness and color in this shot and how the sky is just interesting enough to balance the image.

[click photo to enlarge]
Canon Elph S230

4 Comments:

Blogger broccoflower said...

defintaely way better than any of the photos i took in vegas!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks but given what happened to you guys in Vegas I can understand you not focusing on taking photos.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. I'm not sure about the angle, but I like it. It made me think of the MGM theme music immediately.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Alicia,

Thanks for the comment, I do have level shots of the lion but this one seemed more interesting.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home