Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Paint peeling in Chinatown

I took this photo of an old building with peeling paint in San Francisco's Chinatown. I used the sign (Clay Street I think) to break up the frame into sections so that the paper lantern is isolated from the old sign at the top.
I do wish the light was more dynamic but given the overcast sky, this was the best I could get. My favorite aspect of this photo is the detail and texture of the peeling paint. I tried figuring out what was originally written but I can't make it out.

[click photo to enlarge]
Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV 4.0

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian Frazier said...

Chinatown? Hoping to find some ancient chinese herb to make you attractive to the women. I dont blame you i've seen you with no shirt. Other than that it's the best picture of a dirty junked up side of a building that i've seen in the last 30 minutes. Oh and thanks for making the Eagles lose.
Peace
Ian

7:54 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Ian,
I think the Eagles needed an ancient Chinese herb last night because they got severely beaten last night. And I guess you have a lot of time to make funny jokes since you aren't replying to the brilliant comments on your site.
-Ahamed

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Doris,

Looking back I think I should have switched to black and white since there wasn't great light. Although the color in the sign and paper lantern is nice.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this image very much. cannot really say why but anhyhow it is great for me.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home