Saturday, December 10, 2005

Phone glow

I'm sure you can figure out that this is a closeup of my cell phone's keypad. The design of the Razr is really interesting as it has a thin piece of metal with the numbers and symbols cut out of it. If you notice the B it's cut like a stencil so that the light shines through.
For this shot I turned off most of the lights and just used the glow from the keys and some soft side lighting. This technique let the weird blue light contrast with the darknened keys (normally they are silver).

[click photo to enlarge]
Nikon Coolpix 5400, Macro Mode, AV f4.0

10 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

I LOVE that picture, Ahamed. I could easily see that decorating the wall of a techy office.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Utenzi, that's high praise. I appreciate it. Maybe Motorola's interested?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ian Frazier said...

i like it, it looks like a product shot. The only thing I might do differently is the overly bright spot in the top left. It's kinda distracting.
Later
Ian

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Cool shot! Indeed could be used for any high tech advertisements. Excellent!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

Looks like a picture that should be on Motorola's website. Very cool and I hope you are enjoying the Razor phone. I am still stuck with a large Clamshell phone.

verification - flzio

7:08 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I like trying out different subjects in photography like food and technology to increase my experience and skills.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Doris.

1:14 PM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

you have a razr!! I'm so jealous!!

this picture reminds me of that movie, Tron...

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this - very busy and blue and cool looking.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Jamie. It is a very strange unatural blue color.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home