Saturday, January 21, 2006

Alarm clock

For most people this is the last thing you want to see in the morning. I took an extreme close up of my alarm clock to challenge myself to make something common look interesting.
In order to get this look I used a longer exposure and altered the focus so the image would be a little fuzzy. The result is a sun-like glow around each of the digits. Also you can see the light emitted by the 'off' sections of the numbers. To differentiate the shot even more from real life I tilted the frame.
I think the image has a stark and almost eerie look to it. Much different than what a typical alarm clock looks like.

Nikon Coolpix 5400, Macro mode, TV 4 seconds
[click photo to enlarge]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate my alarm. this photo reminds of that. nice macro.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Nice how you start from daily things and alter them in a subtle way.
Nice work.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty cool image.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when people can make ordinary things interesting. Nicely done.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

I really take pride in making the oridinary interesting. I'm glad I've been succesful doing that so far.

Jamie- I'm not a fan of my alarm either, the numbers kind of look evil to me, especially in the morning.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one! You really captured how the alarm clock looks early in the morning when it's so hard to wake up. :-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

Nice shot, it's freaky can cool all at the same time.

7:48 PM  
Blogger D McConnell said...

I've just found your blog. Excellent photos. I especially like the faucet.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
As I've said before comments and criticism really helps me grow and expand my photo experience.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home