Thursday, January 26, 2006

Art imitating life imitating art

This is an interesting shot I took when Robyn and I were at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City. I don't usually like to take photos of art because it seems more documentary than anything else.
In this case I thought the similarity between the subjects of the piece and the people in the background was worth capturing. I forget the name of the artist who created this sculpture but I wonder if he/she had in mind where it would be displayed.
I had to wait for a minute or two before people were walking in ways I thought would be good for the photo. Ideally I would have like the lighting to be a little better but light is pretty limited inside the museum.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 3.2
[click photo to enlarge]

8 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

I am not really an art-expert, I just know what I like.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I find it kind of humorous how the people are just wandering around like in the sculpture! I'm sure that the museum placed the piece there intentionally, at least.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite like the piece. Not the same old painting. You need to pose the people to match! The title just what I was thinking!

11:59 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

that's really cool! I also like how the people are wandering around like in the sculpture.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, there are a lot of great opportunities to catch people interacting with art at the museum.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Cool! Great find.
Nicely captured.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why this one caught your eye. Nice one.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home