Friday, January 20, 2006

Faucet by the ocean

There are some photos which just look interesting without a concrete reason. This to me is one of those photos. Something about the rich color and the bright appearance of the faucet makes me like this photo.
I took this photo on the Pacific Coast Highway, a few hours north of Santa Barbara, California. Despite it being an overcast day with rain and rough surf, just enough light leaked down to illuminate the faucet and the plants. This was just part of a little state park beach and overlooked the Pacific Ocean. I'm not really sure what it's purpose is but it looks odd right near the water.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f5.6
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely shot - really simple clean and well lit.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

I agree, some shots have it all.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is also an interesting story behind this photo: while he was busy zooming in on faucets and plants, I got hit by a "mini-rogue" wave that drenched me! Somehow Ed (and the camera, luckily) managed to stay dry. Later that day on a stretch of Rt. 1 there were even waves crashing on the roadway! That CA coast can be pretty rough!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Ian Frazier said...

I think Ahamed that people use these strange things to wash their feet off. When they're inside we call them showers and baths. Otherwise nice lighting and composition

9:38 AM  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

Good Photography

10:27 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

Robyn- I don't know if it's technically a 'rogue wave' if it only gets you a little wet. But it was enough to keep me afraid of the ocean.

Ian- Thanks for the information. I guess you learned that in your class on taking showers. Too bad you haven't applied that to real life yet.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Ian Frazier said...

i believe you forgot to say "snap" at the end of your comment

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home