Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Gate to the ocean

This photo was taken somewhere on the California coastline on beautiful route 1 from Santa Barbara to Monterey. The walkway belonged to hostels that happened to be near a historic lighthouse that was being renovated (Pigeon Point lighthouse I believe).
I thought it was interesting how simple the walkway and gate were in relation to the majestic sight of huge waves crashing on the coast. Not a bad view from your backyard.
The best thing about this place (apart from the scenery) was that we saw a whale spout as a whale came up to breathe. Unfortunately the whale was probably a mile away and I didn't have a 1200mm lens with me to take its photo.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

I would kill to have a view like that from my house! The fence looks like it opens up to the ocean!

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think thats my dream house right there. yep. it is.

11:52 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

For some daft reason, I think the white fence 'makes' this image. There's something majestic, yet intimidating about the breakers..... Lovely, simple image.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

I was happy that the fence wasn't completely open or closed. It creates a sort of tension as to whether you are or are not allowed to go through.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a dream . . . doesn't even look real to me. i want to be there!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

It looks like you found paradise !

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats what my garden should look like

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home