Friday, January 27, 2006

Just a peel

In order to break up some dark images I've posted recently, I decided to post this image of a clementine peel. Clementines are basically really small sweet oranges without seeds.
I like how the literal emptiness inside the peel and the emptiness of the white background contrast with the fresh and bright look of the orange exterior.
To be honest I decided to take this photo because I was impressed that I could take the peel off in one piece. And also I've never seen a shot of an empty peel anywhere else. By the way here is another even more vibrant shot of an orange I took a while back.

Nikon Coolpix 5400, AV f3.5
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Blogger Ian Frazier said...

Is it... edible.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

This freshens it all up. Nice photo.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I a so impressed with your fruit peeling skills! ;) But the photo is nice... it reminds me of the Cointreau ads. You know, the one where the lady is wrapped in an orane peel?

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i love this photo. ive never tried one of these small oranges with no seeds...but i have to agree, excellent fruit peeling skills. : )

8:21 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

And thanks for the praise on my fruit peeling skills. Everyone has a gift.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Very timely. It is (almost)Chinese New Year and I read on someone's blog that oranges are an important element of Chines New Year.

Well peeled and nicely photographed!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I may try some more black and white to capture the texture better.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home