Saturday, January 28, 2006

Look closer


Take some time and see if you can see the point of this photo before you read this.
I took this at the tidal pool at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California. I thought it was interesting how the extremely still water was transparent, reflective and colorful at the same time.
I included the rocks at the bottom to balance out the reflection of the child holding the railing in the reflection at the top of the image. Even though I intended to take the photo this way, I was surprised to notice the reflection later on when I was reviewing my shots.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

5 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

The reflection of the child makes the picture. It gives it a surreal look. Nice work!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I thought this was one of those filters that makes the photo look like a painting. Excellent capture!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took a bit but found the child. Excellent

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

I've been playing around with the format of my blog so sorry about the appearance while I'm constructing.

Actually with the new larger format I think the child is easy to spot.

-Jamie, defintely not a filter, I'm way too lazy to take filters on and off.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the kid until I saw the large version. It's funny how he looks so small, I was looking in the wrong place!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home