Tuesday, January 24, 2006

San Francisco through the wires

This is another photo I'm very happy with. I took this shot from one of the higher streets in San Francisco (Hyde I think).
Since the color was relatively bland, I decided to switch to black and white for this shot. I think the exposure and the different tones works well. I was very happy to capture the way the power lines heading down the hill were parallel to the lines of the Trans America building. In addition to showing the steepness of the street, the wires balance the photo and give the building a place in the composition. The full look of the image differentiates it from other more simple "skyline-only" shots.

Nikon Coolpix 5400, AV f7.3
[click photo to enlarge]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Great idea through the lines.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The idea is neat, but the photo seems a little busy to me and lacks a clear focus. B&W was a good choice though.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Bailey said...

Interesting.

I haven't had time to check in latley, but some of my favorites in the past few days havve been the Drawbridge, the alarm clock (very cool) and the old switches.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

Robyn-I see what you mean about being a little busy but I think it works if the purpose isn't to focus on the building.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home