Sunday, January 29, 2006

Seed in Grass

I've you've visited my blog in the past you've probably noticed that I've changed the format considerably. I thought this setup looked more clean and put more emphasis on the photos. All the information that used to be on the right sidebar is now at the very bottom of the page. Let me know what you think.
This photo is of a small seed pod from a tree in my Parent's backyard. I forget the name of the tree but it drops thousands of these spiky seeds all over the grass.
I liked the rich color from the bright natural lighting and was impressed with the detail on the seed. While they may look pretty and interesting, these seeds are very annoying to rake and to step on when you're barefoot.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

8 Comments:

Blogger Bailey said...

I like the new logo on the top of the blog, plus I do like the larger photos.

This is a very good picture, although I must agree, I hate these seed things also. I know that many times you try to show the beauty in the ugly, but I hate these things to much and they will always be ugly to me :-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger M said...

The new format is great.

I think the seeds are from a sweet gum tree, but I could be wrong. I don't do plants.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

I'm glad you both like the new format, I think this one more like a photoblog than a standard information blog.

Bailey- I can totally understand your hate for these things (as can anyone who has this type of tree in their backyard).

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FABULOUS UPDATE!

Beautiful macro. Looks dangerous - as you say.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new setup!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Much better. Your pictures deserve to be shown in a bigger size.

A very weird looking flower/plant. Nice!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new format!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, it took a while to figure out the html but it turned out OK.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home