Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Shapes of a persimmon

I took this shot of a freshly sliced persimmon because I thought it was interesting how the fruit held its shape even after cutting. I included the long shadow to give the simple scene a more dramatic look.
As usual I used a very simple setup, just the fruit on a white plate lit by a desklamp.
And if you've never tried a persimmon they are pretty good and tough to describe. They look like a cross between apples and tomatoes and taste like spiced pudding.

Nikon Coolpix 5400, AV f5.6
[click photo to enlarge]

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nice - i like how you stacked them.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Simple & minimalist. Very stylish. Nice set up!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like it a lot- very zen. I have yet to try a persimmon, but maybe I'll pick one up at Whole Foods one day if they have them.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. It is a very interesting fruit.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. and well simple.. :) Awesome job Ahamed

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home