Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Signs of Times Square

When I was in New York last December we were walking through Times Square when I thought of this interesting relationship between the sign and the huge advertisement. I've always wanted to capture the wild and over-commercialized nature of Times Square but most shots seem simple and boring.
By including the crosswalk sign I tried to add a little humor and interest (hopefully). Even at 9pm lighting wasn't really an issue due to the intense floodlighting in the square. The only tough part was to expose the darker areas like the street sign correctly while capturing the light from the crosswalk sign.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 5.6
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice boobs in that shot, lol.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Ian Frazier said...

I like it, the clutter of the image captures new york's feel as well as the artificial sex appeal. Least it isnt another water shot.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

been there myself, a great place

3:29 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

That's a hilarious picture!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

He,he... nice composition. I wish I could walk towards that gorgeous woman too... :-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I've got a few more advertisement photos. I'm really interested in how they interact with people and their environment.

5:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

Your pictures never fail to impress

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home