Monday, February 06, 2006

City Lights

I took this shot in San Francisco near Union Square. As it got dark I realized that the only subjects I had were the numerous lights and signs along the street.
I tried to frame the shot so that both the actual sign and it's reflection showed up. When I reviewed the photos I thought it was interesting how the light from the actual sign looks solid while in the reflection you can make out the neon tubing. Must be something with which light rays are reflected.


Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Darkness photos are always difficult, you did evry well here.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do believe you have a birthday today..?


Happy Birthday! May your year bring you and those you love much happiness and peace.

You have a lovely blog - "Barrels of wine" is quite nice. I could see that one on my wall.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

And thanks for the birthday greeting. I am now officially 25 years old.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Happy birthday!!!
Cool neon & reflection shot !

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home