Thursday, February 02, 2006

Ghostly image

A much more subtle image than the last few I've posted. This was taken at the Museum of Modern Art in New York last December.
I liked how the photo is dominated by all of the different lines (both real and refelcted) in the different levels of the museum. In addition, the dulled reflection of the man peering out from another balcony adds a mysterious almost ghostly look.
Despite being at the museum for a while I can't completely figure out what the different lines are from or which ones are real and which are reflections. But then again it's good to confuse your eyes sometimes.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 3.2
[click photo to enlarge]

5 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

I thought it was art! (installation )
I would never have guessed it was a reflection. Nicely spotted and framed !

11:30 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Great shot!!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Nice effect. The straight lines look great!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
I'm always drawn to lines and geometric patterns.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Smita,

Getting a creative look is definetely my goal in photography.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home