Monday, February 20, 2006

Mural Reflection

I took this shot in San Francisco while wandering around the city with Robyn earlier this year. The mural was very colorful and bright on it's own but I wanted to capture it in a different way. By facing across the street and framing the mural within the simple and muted shades of the restaurant, I was able to create a more complete shot.
The bright lighting on the mural side of the street helped the painting 'pop' out of the frame.By the way Robyn took a shot of me in front of the mural and the photo ended up being selected for a University of Pennsylvania photo exhibition. Maybe she’ll post it on her blog sometime.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never noticed this mural. that is a great place to eat if you haven't been. It's kind of pricey but my gf paid for lunch that day.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice image, and thanks for the plug for my photo! :) Why don't you post my photo here (or maybe link it to this day's photo), since I don't know how many people will get down to Philly to see it and it would kind of not fit in with all the bunny shots on my blog!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Wolf said...

That was a good idea, it really looks like its painted on the glass in a way!
Cool!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
Maybe I'll post the other photo when Robyn's exhibition is coming up.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

I first believed the glass was painted!
It took me some time to understand the trick :-)
Well done !

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

Mona-The place was actually closed when we went there, it did look interesting though.
Sidney-I wasn't really trying to cause an optical illusion but that's interesting that it did.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Ver cool shot. I love the colours here. I would like to see this same shot at night when the neon sign is lit up.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Good point D macintyre, but there weren't any lights on the mural so all that brilliant color would be lost at night.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant wait to go to San Francisco. Me and Boyfriend are going there soon. This looks like a neat place and you got a great shot of it.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Amanda,

You guys will love SF, make sure you get a good balance of touristy stuff (the wharf, golden gate) and the real stuff (neighborhoods, union square).

9:31 AM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Well that is cool that the picture with you was selected. Off to Robyn's blog...

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice reflection off the wall :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

eph- Robyn hasn't posted this one, I'll probably put hers up in the next few weeks.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home