Friday, February 10, 2006

Nature's defenses

I took this shot near where my Parents live (Malvern, Pennsylvania) late last year. The sun was setting and so I used a large aperature to use what little light there was to pick up the interesting details in this old, weathered fence.
While I'm not sure about the amount of blur in the photo, I think the shallow depth of field focuses the attention on the details of the image.
The subject matter for the shot is interesting as a few old and rusted barbed wires are intertwined with a young and vibrant plant with thorns. Amazing how so many innovations are inspired by nature.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 2.8
[click photo to enlarge]

5 Comments:

Blogger broccoflower said...

I think that little sprig of [plant] softens the severity of the barbed wire.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would have been superb with a bit more focus/stability, but it is a great subject.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. I do wish there was better lighting (or that I brought a tripod along).

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks Mari,

It never ceases to amaze me how people can have so many different views as to what is a good photograph. Sometimes a photo that I think is really good or just average gets the exact opposite response.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Wolf said...

The plant is very much like the wire, both have thorns. Watch were you put your hand.
Good picture.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home