Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rusty beach wires

I took this shot on a slightly overcast day in Monterey, California. This was a wire fence overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay with the beach and some boulders in the foreground.
I included the wires because they seemed to seperate the image into sections and because you can see the effect of the salt water as it rusts each of the wires differently.
From this point, you can see otters rolling around in the surf and usually there are seals on the nearby rocks. This photo reminds me of that natural beauty of the bay every time I see it.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f 4.0
[click photo to enlarge]

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful capture. i really like the rust. a macro of these would be fabulous too.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

I like the repeating pattern. Nice crop also.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
I cropped out some distracting elements on the side.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Nice composition & DOF. I agree with Doris.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home