Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Soft curves

I know I recently posted another fork shot but I posted this one because I thought it was unique and different from the first. I'm always happy when an image of simple, everyday things seems to be more than the sum of its parts.
In this photo a simply designed fork and spoon (Ikea of course) looks more like human figures or the flowing lines of a sports car. I used black and white to focus the eye on the form and shapes rather than the color of the items.
To me photography is all about the details.

Nikon Coolpix 5400, Macro Mode AV 2.8
[click photo to enlarge]

9 Comments:

Blogger Jude said...

I love your photos! Just coming over to wish you a belated Happy Birthday! I saw you on C.C.'s list, I hope it was a good one for you! :-)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Great shot! This one is evem better than the one before it. You got the curves perfectly. The lighting is really good too.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

Jude, thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a nice low-key birthday.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Really nice. The contrast is perfect and I love how the curves of the fork and spoon just fit together. Ikea rocks!

4:55 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Looks cool :)
Thank you for stopping by my blog. You are pretty close with your guess :) I'll post the original in a couple of days...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, I was pleased with the way this turned out. Glad you aren't bored by fork and spoon shots.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Very stylish. Well done!

3:57 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

I love this photo of the fork, Ahamed. It's great.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
I might blow this up and keep it in my kitchen, once I get out of these dorms that is...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home