Monday, February 27, 2006

Yellow Cab

I took this photo in New York City in February of last year.
Originally my only goal was to get a shot of a yellow taxi cab for the typical representative shot of the city. I took a section of the cab rather than the whole thing in order to be a little different.
When I was reviewing my photos I noticed that the image had a lot more than just a yellow cab. First a "God Bless America" sticker was in a good place in the frame along with a nice reflection of Times Square in the cab's rear window. In the remaining part of the frame, the laughing girls, and some standard big city signs and symbols helped tie the image together.
I think simple but different shots like this one sometimes convey a city's attitude better than images of landmarks and buildings.
By the way, I'm back on the East Coast (Spring Break) so look for an earlier posting time for this week.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

10 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

I like the chosen crop.

Off Topic: My website chantaliaans.com/photoblog.htm, is temporarily offline due to hosting problems. I am working on it, hope to be back online sometime mid week..... please keep visiting and see when I am back in business.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent urban statement, laughing girls on the cell phone really top it off

7:05 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

I'm more interested in what the girl on the left is thinking. This is an interesting photo. I've never taken a photo of a taxi before.

11:56 AM  
Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Yellow taxi's will always be associated with the USA by kiwi's, almost like a stigmata effect. I use to love the program by the same name as well. especially "Latka", I think his name was?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

I was happy that all the elements came into place at the right time.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah wonderful urban image.. nice one ahamed! ;)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Sidney said...

What I like best, of course, are the laughing girls in the background!:-)
And the taxi gives the color to the picture! Great street shot !

9:59 PM  
Blogger micki said...

You're exactly right, all of those details tell a great story. Makes it a great photo!

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice catch with the sticker and the reflection.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

I think this is a fair represenation of the uniqueness of NYC (although there is a lot more to discover as well).

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home