Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cooking Corn

I took this photo in Munnar, India when I visited last year. This corn stand was at a tourist area called Echo Point where sounds would echo when spoken from a certain riverbank.
The man in the photo was selling fresh cooked corn in a roadside cart. After cooking the corn he would cover it with chili powder and then hand it to you. Not a bad way to have fresh corn.
In order to capture the freshness I framed this shot with the raw corn in front and the cooking kettle in the back.

Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, AV f 4.0
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

Nice Dof! I like the little flame...
And now I want corn !

4:27 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

I've only had corn cooked this way with the husk on. It looks tasty!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had corn like that before. Sounds tasty.

12:45 PM  
Blogger micki said...

We roasted fresh picked corn every summer when I was a child. Nothing else compares.

mmmmm

Nice shot, thanks for the memory flash back.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this makes me hungry.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

Something about the freshness and the uniqueness of roadside stands makes them good subjects for photos (as opposed to fast food resaurants).

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time I visited my home country was 20 yrs ago and I reemember seeing a street vendor on a step of a popular tourist attraction roasting corn.

So when I go to festivals, I always look for roasted corn. It's the one of the only things that reminds me of Indonesia.

I really can relate to this image.

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home