Monday, April 17, 2006

Bridge Out

While I generally like to convey a sense of peace and balance in my photos somtimes it's nice to take a different approach.
This shot of an old bridge out sign near Valley Forge National Park is an inentionally cluttered and confusing image. The strong colors of the sign combine with the tangled mess of vines and graffiti to create a visual overload.
I bumped up the contrast and saturation in order to emphasize the grittiness and visual confusion of the shot. I feel the photo is an interesting combination of natural and artificial vandalism (vines and graffiti) that is strangely interesting.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

I like this image. I appreciate what you are trying to achieve. You have got it really well.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its a little bit stressful and unfocused for me. But hey, I am only a bunny, so what do I know about photography? Colors are cool though!

11:04 AM  
Blogger micki said...

I love all the colors in this shot. Looks like this area hasn't had much traffic in a long time.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

very well spotted and captured.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes there can be order in the most chaotic things.

9:26 AM  
Blogger jess said...

Stunning shot! Great eye.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home