Saturday, April 22, 2006

Criminal Squirrel


The strange title for this photo comes from the story behind this shot. I took this photo while staying in my Aunt's home in India last summer. The netting you see on the window is to prevent mosquitos from flying into the room.
Apparently this squirrel picked up the scent of choclate in my room, pulled back the velcro that held the edge of the netting down, crawled on the netting and into the room. From there he opened a closet door and climbed up a shelf, opened a bag of choclate, took a piece and ran off.
I walked in on a seperate occasion to take this photo of him trying to break back in.
I like how the soft diffused lighting creates a sort of glow behind the squirrel and how he breaks up the symmetry of the window and screen.

Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, AV f 2.0
[click photo to enlarge]

6 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Quite the story! :D

2:31 AM  
Blogger M said...

those squirrels are sneaky!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Funny creatures!

4:03 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

I love this picture!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
Squirrels are pretty smart (even though they have trouble remembering where they hid their acorns).

9:14 AM  
Blogger micki said...

I love the shot...a whole lot more than those pesky squirrels. Great catch!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home