Saturday, April 01, 2006

Finding Peace

Well I'm back to posting after about a month long break.
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I'll probably be posting once every few days or so, daily posting was a bit too much. Law School is going well and I put a few more links to my newspaper articles at the bottom of the page.
I took this photo on a rainy day in Big Sur on the Northern California coast. I liked how the rain and the soft overcast sky created a peaceful scene for the Budha statue. Also the sense of scale and depth seemed to fit nicely with the 'Zen' of the image.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f8.0
[click photo to enlarge]

6 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Here Buddha is not so much into the community, we are catholic, but I like the meaning behind it.

2:06 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

Welcome back :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Nice to see you're posting again-even if not every day.

I like the reflections in the water & the view must have been awesome. A very relaxing image. I'm sure it's just my imagination, but there appears to be a door in the mountainside right above the railing in the middle of the photo.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

GReat to have you back!

I like this shot's framing but I think that the background is a bit overexposed.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
Ali- the back is definetely overexposed, although i thought it added a certain 'pure' quality to the image though.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Wolf said...

Welcome back! , Peaceful photo!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home