Sunday, April 30, 2006

Happy Seal

I took this photo a few days ago when I went to my Brother's graduation (Law School) in San Diego.
I initially just wanted to get a close-up of the seal's face with the shadow on the sand but after reviewing the pictures I noticed the sleeping seal had a sort of smile on its face. I'm sure it's just how they normally look but I always find it interesting how we give human charactistics to animals.
Also it reminded me of how nice it is to lie out on the beach when the weather is nice.
This is one a large group of seals that lounge on the protective coves around La Jolla, which is about 20 minutes north of San Diego.

Canon 20D, 70-200 f/4.0L, AV 4.5
[click photo to enlarge]

9 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

So adorable!!! :)

It does appear to be smiling. Happy dreams, I suppose. :)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny portrait!

8:03 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

What a lovely picture, you're so talented :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger micki said...

That's my smile when I'm sleeping in the sun!

2:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

So cute! I wish I had a beach to sleep on.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Beautiful natural color tone.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,
I guess being on a sunny beach in San Diego would make anyone smile, even seals.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Even without looking at the title, I could see that the seal indeed was smiling. Must be dreaming about fish....

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» »

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home