Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hill Tree

This is a simple image I took last winter near my parents home near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was taken in a small local park made so migratory birds had a place to land.
I took the photo near sunset so the grass would have a nice glow and look like it was on fire. Also I liked how the diagonal of the hill played with the diagonal of the snow near the bottom. The only tricky part was making sure I didn't get my shadow in the frame.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 4.5
[click photo to enlarge]

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shot

4:30 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Very nice angle.

4:50 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Very nice! Reflects all the effort you put into this shot!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I like this shot, but would have preferred it better had it been in landscape mode. Just an opinion.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

Ali I appreciate your critique but I felt portrait was better for this shot. First it isolates the large tree without any others on the side and second it emphasizes the grass more than a landscape would.
That being said I'm sure a landscape shot would look good as well.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

solitary trees are fascinating! and yours is a very good example.. i love it!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home