Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Two Windows

I took this photo in Valley Forge National Park earlier this year. I noticed the two similar windows of this small building near George Washington's base during the revolutionary war.
I managed to get image of the old Valley Forge train station reflected in the glass while keeping also capturing the light from the opposite window.
I used the frame of the window to split the image up into elements. The put the fence in the bottom two panes, the train station in the top left and the other window in the top right.
Overall the interplay between the reflected and real images and the light make an interesting image.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-75 2.8, AV 5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

3 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Great title for this pic.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very neat. I love how there are essentially 3 planes to this image, all compressed into one. Relfections are so cool! I am also impressed that you got an interesting photo at Valley Forge. (Beautiful to be there, but boring to photograph). ;)

5:38 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home