Friday, May 19, 2006

Little Lamb

Finals finished up this week and I flew out to Philly this morning. I finally got a chance to go take some serious SLR photos instead of being cooped at home. Now I am completely amazed at the options and quality you can get out of shooting in RAW format.
I took this lamb's photo at Hopewell Furnace State Park in Pennsylvania. It's an old iron mill that is restored to its original style.
In this shot I included the fence and the rolling hills in the background to give a sense of how tiny the lamb was. To give you an idea I had to kneal down to shoot through the fence. This lamb kept turning back to look at me whenever my shutter fired.
By the way I'll be in Miami till the 25th so expect some updates after that.

Canon 5D, 70-200 f/4.0L
@200mm, f/9.0, shutter-1/60, ISO-50
[click photo to enlarge]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aah you haven't used RAW before? Just with a simple tool such as EOS Viewer Utility which you get with the 20D atleast, think you get it with the 5D as well, you can do some really good things. To get those really special shots, its first about to get some really good raw material to work with but you can do a lot with it afterwards, liek the sign image you posted a couple of days ago.

Liked this lamb shot, nice with the wooden fence and the background as well. Do not know if it was possible, though I would have tried to get just a little bit more of the face of teh lamb, rising the camera a bit.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

nice capture, good framing.

Yes, I am back from holiday, will drop by regularly again!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

The raw viewer that came with the camera is very useful and gives you a lot of control.

As for this shot I tried to make it seem as if the lamb was just peeking over the fence so I didn't include his whole face.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home