Monday, May 15, 2006

Spiral Stairs

I took this photo from the top of the steps at the Point Loma lighthouse in San Diego. It was near closing time and the one of the National Park Rangers let me go up right before they locked up for the night. Being the only one in the lighthouse made this shot much easier.
I have always found the design of spiral stairs to be interesting and this set reminded me of a human eye. While I normally don't like centering the subject within the frame, I felt it was neccessary here to emphasize the spiraling effect of the stairs.

Canon 5D, 24-70 f/2.8L
@24mm, f/3.2, shutter-1/20, ISO-1000
[click photo to enlarge]

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this composition

8:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is really cool! Very nice photo. I think it might even look better in B&W with some good contrast to really emphasize the graphic qualities. This could become one of my favorites!

9:43 AM  
Blogger micki said...

You certainly did create the spiraling effect with this shot...quite dizzying.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovley composition. I am looking myself for a staircase like this and I envy you for finfing one :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, I was really happy with how this one turned out. Just the right amount of light to expose the details.

10:21 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

it reminds me of a shell :)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Good call Brocco- I didn't think about that.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful, love this shot.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fobonachi sequence!! lovely shot dude! ;)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, this is definetely one of my favorites (currently my desktop background).

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home