Friday, May 12, 2006

Twisted Tree

This is one of my early attempts at landscape photography taken at Joshua Tree National park, a few hours east of San Diego. I noticed this really interesting and well worn tree walking up to the top of a small hill on the outskirts of the park. I was drawn the to the detail in the weathered bark and trunk and how the entire tree was twisted over time by the high winds and dry climate.
In framing the shot I used the twisting and curving tree to lead the eye towards the snow capped peaks in the background.
I plan on focusing a good bit of this summer to landscape photography, so look out for those photos.

Canon 20D, 22-55 f/4.5-5.6
@22mm, f/5.0, shutter-1/400, ISO-100
[click photo to enlarge]

6 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Great capture of an odd tree...

Have a great weekend!

4:12 AM  
Blogger M said...

I love pictures like this one. I always try to take picture of interesting trees .

5:21 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,
I'll be on the lookout for east coast trees when I fly back to PA for the summer.

8:10 PM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

in a wierd way, it reminds me of a highway or a road splitting off into the distance. nice shot!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Legabal said...

I like this shot. Its the first day of creation Awesome atmosphere.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
It's interesting how a single photo can spur so many different interpretations.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home