Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Yawning Cheetah

I caught this cheetah in mid-stretch when I went to the Philadelphia Zoo last Sunday. I had hoped to get some more photos from the new Big Cat Falls exhibit but the exhibits were so busy it was tough to compose a good shot.
The cheetah enclosure is split from the other cats and was relatively free of visitors. After standing around for some time I caught a generally lazy cat stand up to stretch. In my effort to crop out the man made things in the background I accidently cropped out some of the cheetah's tail as well.

Canon 5D, 70-200 f/4.0L
@149mm, f4.0, shutter-1/200, ISO-100
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

:) great shot! a moment i probably wouldn't have thought to capture.

also love the 3 images below and the donut sign photo a while back.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Chantal said...

awesome capture!!

4:44 AM  
Blogger micki said...

A very fine image! I bet he just laid right back down again.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

Perfect capture!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comment. Patience is often rewarded, especially when it comes to zoo animals.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought it was a scene from a natural history museum. Your patience was definitely rewarded.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You captured an interesting moment. :-)

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home