Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Color Pack

I took this shot during the Women's Liberty Classic in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. The race is over 50 miles long and each lap takes a long time to complete.
Knowing the bikers would pass by me in a certain pattern, I set my aperture at a shallow depth to isolate a few bikers, composed the background to remove some distracting elements and fired away.
Because I was so close to the action I was able to get a nice perspective of the action while including a large part of the field. The bright colors of the different teams were really strong thanks to the bright sunshine.

Canon 5D, 70-200 f/4.0L
@200mm, f4.0, shutter-1/800 sec, ISO-50
[click photo to enlarge]

6 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

I am not so into sportsphoto. But I like how they ride towards me as a viewer from the photo.

4:53 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Oh that is an awesome composition! Wonderful work getting this great image!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments. As always, I appreciate it.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Temporarily I am on:

http://www.shutterchance.com/bloggers/chantaliaans/

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic, seems like the all the members of the same team won the race:)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

deepak-I'm not sure if the pink team won (T-Mobile) since this shot was taken in the middle of the race. To be honest I was more concerned with photos than the results.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home