Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Museum Steps

This should be a familiar sight to anyone who has visited Philadelphia. This is the view from inside the Philadelphia Museum of Art once you come in through the main entrance.
I tried to convey the sense of size and open space in this image by using the widest possible focal length. Also by using a relatively low shutter speed, I was able to add some motion blur to some of the people in the frame in order to create a more active shot.
On a side note I was really impressed with how the 5D exposed this complex lighting situation (with the numerous dark and different degrees of light areas).

Canon 5D, 24-70 f/2.8L
@24mm, f/3.5, shutter-1/10, ISO-1000
[click photo to enlarge]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

It feels like I am walking up the stairs myself, great effect.

2:31 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Nice work, I think you were able to achieve all of your goals with this shot!

6:20 AM  
Blogger broccoflower said...

nice!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home