Saturday, July 15, 2006

Rain Flower

Here's a break from the Shenandoah photos and a bit of color. I took this photo of my Mom's flower (no idea what the name of it is) a few minutes after a quick thunderstorm. I wanted to capture the beading of the water on the colorful leaves before they dried up so I quickly set up the tripod and took a few shots.
I made sure to use a shallow aperature to blur the background enough so that the details in the petal and the drops really "popped". As an interesting side effect the pistils and stamens of the flower (I think that's the right terminology) seem to be floating in the air.

Canon 5D, 24-70 f/2.8L
@70mm, f/35, shutter-1/125 sec, ISO-100
[click photo to enlarge]

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian Frazier said...

Good light good focus, even used a tripod. You learn well young one. Later

2:44 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Very artistic choice of dof!

After an all night rain is the best time for rain drops on flowers and leaves.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments.
The rain drops really make everything look so fresh.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home