Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cracked Wall


I've been away from the blog for some time as I have been developing a full scale website/gallery/storefront. I'll try and keep everyone posted on the progress.
I took this photo at Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Because the prison is very old and hasn't housed prisoners since 1971 most of the walls and surfaces are cracked and peeling.
You can almost feel the history in the decay and wear as you walk through the halls.
This shot of peeling paint reminded me more of a topographical map than an ancient wall.

Canon 5D, 24-70 f/2.8L
@70 mm, f/16.0, shutter-1/500 sec, ISO-800
[click photo to enlarge]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful texture here. Interesting how you used ISO 800, f/16, and a faster shutter speed. I think the noise might have added even more to the texture of the pic. Make sure you send me the link to your new gallery.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

It sure does resemble a map. Very nice capture! I like the cracks, shadows & that green color.

Looking forward to your website. Be sure to provide the link once it's ready. I am also in the process of creating my own website, but I can't say exactly when it'll be finished...hopefully at least by the end of this month.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,
I'll be sure to post once the site is up and running.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sidney said...

Long time no see!
See you are quite busy. Look forward to see your website!

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good photo, keep the good work!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

hey, Ahamed, how goes the progress of your website? i will add your new link as soon as you let everyone know.

i am now at: http://www.greenteaobsession.com/

for a while there, i thought i'd never get finished. :) over a month of not blogging has gone by pretty fast. now time for school. oh joy!...oh, the sarcasm. :)

see ya soon at your new place!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,
I'll be sure to post the new site once all the bugs have been worked out...

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home