Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wild Jellyfish

Although I've posted a couple of other jellyfish photos (one and two), this is the only shot I have of a wild one. I saw this one floating around on a beautiful beach near the south eastern tip of India (at the same place this was taken).
While it's definetely not as colorful as the jellyfish I've shot at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I thought the natural lighting and the overall peace of the image made it worth sharing. I also like how the water is so clear that the jelly seems to be floating in mid air.
I wanted to help the blandly colored jellyfish stand out more so I used a shallow depth of field to blur the foreground enough.

Canon 20D, 50mm 1.4, AV f 2.0
[click photo to enlarge]

8 Comments:

Blogger broccoflower said...

This jellyfish doesn't look as scary as the others did. Thanks!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Thats a good shot. The overall composition gives a dreamy feel.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Chantal said...

Good capture.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its a cute little guy!

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visit your blog for the firts time . Beautyfull pics! Cheers

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - yes, it is worth sharing :)

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. The shadow is excellent. I'd be careful about going into the water. Jellyfish sting, don't they?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments,

And I definetely didn't go into the water beyond my ankles (not so much the jellyfish that scare me, it's the sharks).

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home