Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Seeing Red

I took this shot in January when Robyn and I were walking around San Francisco.
I noticed this sign because of the intense red colors in it which were further enhanced by the bright direct sunlight. In order to focus on the intensity of the image and to capture the woman's gaze I framed the ad with a crosswalk sign.
As a result the darkness of the 'frame' make the center image pop out of the dreary and dimly lit background. It also has a strange quality as if the model in the ad is actually looking through the traffic sign.
I am always looking for ways advertisements interact with everyday life and things as you can see from this previous shot.

Canon 20D, 24-85mm 3.5-4.5, AV f5.0
[click photo to enlarge]

5 Comments:

Blogger Chantal said...

Different than waht you normally do, but a nice photo.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Azhar said...

Don't lke it much It's ok.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Socayo said...

Me gusta esa mirada que te alcanza a través de la señal. Buen disparo.
Un saludo.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think its a pretty cool shot. I love the bold colors and the framing with the street sign gives the photo a neat urban feel.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.
Gracias por los comentarios. Aprecio.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home